Job Description: USD Solutions officers will make it their mission to ensure the client is protected in life threatening situations and in their daily activities. USD Solutions officers are required to maintain the weapons proficiency standards (based on position's requirements) comparable to that of advanced law enforcement agents, ensuring that when a life threatening situation arises they are able to naturalize any threat with extreme accuracy.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle.
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
- Communicate possible safety hazards by using 2-way radios, telephones and computers.
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits.
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities.
- Provide assistance to clients and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States.
- Licensed in the state of Texas as a level 2 or 3 Non-commissioned or Commissioned Officer (based on position's minimum requirement).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to work evenings, weekends and holidays as requested.
- Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verification, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks.
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military.
- Must possess at least one of the following:
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections or firefighter field.
- A minimum of 4 or more years of active service in any military branch.
- A minimum of 4 or more years of law enforcement experience.
- Some college (30 credits) or higher with 2 years of prior active military service.